About this Course
This course examines the design and implementation of Internet technologies used for the purchase and sale of goods and services, and to provide service and support to customers after the sale. We will cover incorporating the web presence into business process and the technical requirements of e-Commerce solutions. Server side scripts will be developed or enhanced to provide content management, security, payment systems, auxiliary systems, and transaction processing. Teams of students will develop a commercially based web presence that allows the client to update their web content and support their customers. Students will also gain hands-on experience with a variety of commercial packages used to create business-to-consumer stores.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A good understanding of PHP and MySQL.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Analyze the use of the internet as support for business process.
- Find and modify existing scripts to fulfill a programming need.
- Describe the threats to network and e-commerce security and how to prevent them.
- Describe the different methods of collecting payment on the web and implement at least one.
- Demonstrate the use of server side scripts for web site content management.
- Demonstrate the use of a database for transaction continuity on a transaction based web site.
- Design and develop an e-commerce backed web site.
- Communicate effectively by developing and presenting web proposal and solutions.