Installing and Configuring Windows 10 - 20697-1
20697-1: Installing and Configuring Windows 10
This course is designed to provide students with the knowledge and skills required to install and configure Windows 10 desktops and devices in a Windows Server domain corporate environment. These skills include learning how to install and customize Windows 10 operating systems and apps, and configure local and remote network connectivity and storage. Students will also learn how to configure data security, device security, and network security, and maintain, update, and recover Windows 10.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• At least two years of experience in the IT field.
• Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS).
• Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management.
• Understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals.
• Understanding of Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 8 and/or Windows 10.
• Basic understanding of Windows PowerShell syntax.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the important new features of Windows 10.
• Install Windows 10.
• Configure a device running Windows 10.
• Configure network connectivity for a Windows 10 device.
• Manage storage in Windows 10.
• Manage folders and printers.
• Manage apps.
• Manage data security.
• Manage device security.
• Implement Windows 10 features to improve network security.
• Monitor and update Windows 10 devices.
• Restore files, roll back drivers, and recover Windows 10 devices.
Module 1: Overview of Windows 10
• Introducing Windows 10
• Navigating the User Interface
Module 2: Installing Windows 10
• Preparing to Install Windows 10
• Upgrading to Windows 10
Module 3: Configuring Your Device
• Overview of Tools Used to Configure Windows 10
• Common Configuration Options
• Managing User Accounts
• Using OneDrive
Module 4: Configuring Network Connectivity:
• Configuring IP Network Connectivity
• Implementing Name Resolution
• Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
• Overview of Remote Access
Module 5: Managing Storage:
• Overview of Storage Options
• Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
• Maintaining Disks and Volumes
• Managing Storage Spaces
Module 6: Managing Files and Printers:
• Overview of File Systems
• Configuring and Managing File Access
• Configuring and Managing Shared Folders
• Work Folders
• Managing Printers
Module 7: Managing Apps in Windows 10
• Overview of Methods Used to Provide Apps to Users
• The Windows Store
• Web Browsers
Module 8: Managing Data Security:
• Overview of Data-Related Security Threats
• Securing Data with EFS
• Implementing and Managing BitLocker
Module 9: Managing Device Security
• Using Security Settings to Mitigate Threats
• Configuring User Account Control
Module 10: Managing Network Security
• Overview of Network-Related Security Threats
• Windows Firewall
• Connection Security Rules
Module 11: Maintaining Windows 10
• Updating Windows 10
• Monitoring Windows 10
• Optimizing Performance
Module 12: Troubleshooting and Recovery
• Managing Devices and Drivers
• Recovering Files
• Recovering Devices