About this Course
This hands-on PHP programming course uses open source software, PHP, and MySQL, to provide the student with a limited programming background with the applied skills to build professional-quality, database-driven Web sites. By integrating PHP and MySQL with the HTML5 and CSS3 frameworks, the student will develop the skills to build interactive, data base drive Web sites. Student will apply new concepts by completing hands-on assignment activities. Throughout the course students will expand the functionality of a comprehensive Web site project that can be directly translated or easily modified to be used as a real-world Web application. Students will learn to program using functions and methods as well as build server-side cookies to store small amounts of data.
At Course Completion
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Design PHP based web pages using correct PHP, CSS3, and HTML5 syntax and structure.
- Create Web forms and pages that properly use HTTP, GET and POST protocols as appropriate.
- Properly submit and recall data from a simple MySQL database.
- Install and configure both PHP and MySQL.
- Design and create a complete web site that demonstrates good PHP/MySQL client/server design.
- Use templates to separate coding from design.