Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, CompTIA, and Technical Courses
Interconnecting Cisco Network Devices (ICND)
Five Days - Instructor-led
This course focuses on providing the skills and knowledge necessary to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium-size branch office Enterprise network, including configuring several switches and routers, and connecting to a WAN and implementing network security.
Cisco Certified Exams
The 640-802 Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is the composite exam associated with the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification. This exam tests a candidate's knowledge and skills required to install, operate, and troubleshoot a small to medium size enterprise branch network.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe how networks function, identifying major components, function of network components and the Open System Interconnection (OSI) reference model.
- Using the host-to-host packet delivery process, describe issues related to increasing traffic on an Ethernet LAN and identify switched LAN technology solutions to Ethernet networking issues.
- Describes the reasons for extending the reach of a LAN and the methods that can be used with a focus on RF wireless access.
- Describes the reasons for connecting networks with routers and how routed networks transmit data through networks using TCP / IP.
- Describe the function of Wide Area Networks (WANs), the major devices of WANs, and configure PPP encapsulation, static and dynamic routing, PAT and RIP routing.
- Use the command-line interface to discover neighbors on the network and managing the router¿s startup and configuration .
- Review how to configure and troubleshoot a small network.
- Expand the switched network from a small LAN to a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree.
- Describe routing concepts as they apply to a medium-sized network and discuss considerations when implementing routing on the network.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot OSPF.
- Configure, verify, and troubleshoot EIGRP.
- Determine how to apply ACLs based on network requirements, and to configure, verify, and troubleshoot ACLs on a medium-sized network.
- Describe when to use NAT or PAT on a medium-sized network, and configure NAT or PAT on routers.
- Identify and implement the appropriate WAN technology based on network requirements.
Module 1 - Building a Simple Network
Module 2 - Ethernet Local Area Networks
Module 3 - Wireless Local Area Networks
Module 4 - Exploring the Functions of Routing
Module 5 - Wide Area Networks
Module 6 - Network Environment Management
Module 7 - Small Network Implementation
Module 8 - Medium-Sized Switched Network Construction
Module 9 - Medium-Sized Routed Network Construction
Module 10 - Single Area OSPF Implementation
Module 11 - EIGRP Implementation
Module 12 - Access Control Lists
Module 13 - Address Space Management
Module 14 - LAN Extension to a WAN