Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, CompTIA, and Technical Courses
IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL®) Foundation
Five Days - Instructor-led
You will describe the basic fundamental concepts of ITIL, and identify the phases of the IT Service Management Lifecycle.
The target student is any IT professional who works in IT service support and delivery: including Service Desk/Help Desk managers and staff; IT department managers; or any other IT support and delivery roles; who either wishes to advance to service management, benefit from the knowledge of a de facto standard for describing IT service and support, or who wishes to refine their skills in their current service management job to include ITIL best practices.
End-user level computer and networking skills are required. Some level of work experience in IT service support or IT service delivery is highly recommended.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- describe the history and basic concepts of ITIL.
- describe the Continual Service Improvement phase of the IT Service Lifecycle.
- describe the Service Operation phase of the IT Service Lifecycle.
- describe the various functions of the Service Operation Lifecycle phase of the IT Service Lifecycle.
- describe the Service Transition phase of the IT Service Lifecycle.
- describe the Service Design phase of the IT Service Lifecycle.
- describe the Service Strategy phase of the IT Service Lifecycle.
Lesson 1: Introduction to ITIL
- ITIL Basics
- The Service Lifecycle
Lesson 2: Continual Service Improvement
- Basic Concepts of CSI
- CSI Principles
Lesson 3: Service Operation
- Basic Concepts of Service Operation
- The Event Management Process
- The Incident Management Process
- The Problem Management Process
- The Request Fulfillment Process
- The Access Management Process
Lesson 4: Service Operation Functions
- The Service Desk Function
- The Technical Management Function
- The IT Operations Management Function
- The Application Management Function
Lesson 5: Service Transition
- Basic Concepts of Service Transition
- The Change Management Process
- The SACM Process
- The Release and Deployment Management Process
- The Knowledge Management Process
Lesson 6: Service Design
- Basic Concepts of Service Design
- The Service Level Management Process
- The Service Catalog Management Process
- The Availability Management Process
- The Capacity Management Process
- The Information Security Management Process
- IT Service Continuity Management
- The Supplier Management Process
Lesson 7: Service Strategy
- Basic Concepts of the Service Strategy Phase
- The Financial Management Process
- The Service Portfolio Management Process
- The Demand Management Process