Adobe Graphics & Web Technology Courses
Adobe Photoshop: Photo Printing & Color
One Day - Instructor-led
You are familiar with the Photoshop tools and techniques that are used to design and create images. Applying the correct image and color correction process and techniques ensures that you get the desired output while printing images for commercial purposes. In this course, you will learn professional techniques for obtaining consistent, predictable, high quality images from Photoshop. You will learn a balanced approach, starting with system calibration, through the scanning process, image enhancements, and color correction. You will also create traditional printed effects such as duotones and spot color overlays.
Target customers are advertising agencies, marketing agencies, production houses, or departments that need to work with coloring and graphics.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Taken the Windows XP Level 1 course or have the basic skills and knowledge of Windows applications
- Taken Photoshop Level 2 or have equivalent knowledge and skills
- Examine color workflows.
- Calibrate the monitor and use color management profiles to control the image display to match its intended output.
- Use the advanced image support features available in Photoshop.
- Eliminate dust and scratched, suppress moiré patterns, and correct red eye defect in images.
- Perform image color correction.
- Choose the settings and adjustments based on the specific image and printing conditions to create high quality CMYK separations for commercial printing.
- Sharpen an image without intensifying or accentuating noise and other defects.
- Convert color images to grayscale and add spot colors to grayscale images.
Lesson 1: Understanding Color Modes and Workflow
- Compare Color Modes
- Examine Color Workflow
Lesson 2: Setting Color Space
- Calibrate and Profile the Monitor
- Set a Working Color Space in Photoshop
- Convert Images from One Color Space to Another
- Manage Printing and Color
Lesson 3: Using Advanced Image Support
- Use the Camera Raw Format
- Create High Dynamic Range Images
- Preview an Image on a Video Monitor
Lesson 4: Combining Images
- Merge and Rescale Images
- Blend Images
Lesson 5: Enhancing Image Quality
- Reduce Noise in Images
- Sharpen Images
- Minimize Moiré Patterns
- Eliminate Red Eye Defects
Lesson 6: Adjusting RGB Colors
- Identify Color Regions for Color Correction
- Make Color and Contrast Adjustments
- Make Basic Curve Adjustments
- Correct Memory Colors
- Adjust Shadows and Highlights Independently
Lesson 7: Creating CMYK Separations
- Adjust Color Settings for Prepress
- Examine Calibration Techniques
- Adjust Out-of-Gamut Colors
- Color Separate Images
- Adjust CMYK Curves
Lesson 8: Working with Grayscale Images and Spot Colors
- Convert Color Images to Grayscale Images
- Create Duotones
- Add Spot Colors to Selected Areas of an Image