Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, CompTIA, and Technical Courses
Cisco® Implementing Cisco® IP Routing (ROUTE)
Five Days - Instructor-led
This course is designed to provide professionals of medium to large network sites with information on the use of advanced routing in implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs.
Students should have Cisco CCNA certification or the equivalent knowledge, basic knowledge for the Microsoft Windows operating system, and familiarity with networking and security terms and concepts.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to meet these objectives:
- Plan and document the configuration and verification of routing protocols and their optimization in enterprise networks.
- Identify the technologies, components, and metrics of EIGRP used to implement and verify EIGRP routing in diverse, large-scale internetworks based on requirements.
- Identify, analyze, and match OSPF multiarea routing functions and benefits for routing efficiencies in network operations in order to implement and verify OSPF routing in a complex enterprise network
- Implement and verify a redistribution solution in a multi-protocol network that uses Cisco IOS features to control path selection and provides a loop-free topology according to a given network design and requirements
- Implement and verify a Layer 3 solution using BGP to connect an enterprise network to a service provider.
Lesson 1: Planning Routing Services to Requirements
- Assessing Complex Enterprise Network Requirements
- Common Maintenance Processes and Procedures
Lesson 2: Implementing an EIGRP based Solution
- Planning Routing Implementations with EIGRP
- Implementing and Verifying Basic EIGRP for the Enterprise LAN Architecture
Lesson 3: Implementing a Scalable Multiarea Network OSPF-Based Solution
- Planning Routing Implementations with OSPF as Scalable Routing Protocol
- How OSPF Packet Processes Work
- Improving Routing Performance in a Complex Enterprise Network
- Configuring and Verifying OSPF Routing
Lesson 4: Implementing an IPv4-Based Redistribution Solution
- Assessing Network Routing Performance and Security Issues
- Operating a Network Using Multiple IP Routing Protocols
- Configuring and verifying Route Redistribution
Lesson 5: Implementing Path Control
- Assessing Path Control Network Performance Issues
Lesson 6: Connecting an Enterprise Network to ISP Networks
- Planning the Enterprise-to-ISP Connection
- Advantages of Using BGP
- Comparing the Functions and Uses of EBGP and IBGP
- Configuring and Verifying Basic BGP Operations