Microsoft, Cisco, VMWare, CompTIA, and Technical Courses
One Day - Instructor-led
Students will learn what SQL is and how it can help them query a database to answer business questions.
Any person with basic computer skills, familiar with concepts related to database structure and terminology, and wants to use SQL to query databases.
Before attending this course, students must have:
- Taken the Windows XP Level 1 course or have the basic skills and knowledge of Windows applications
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- connect to the SQL Server database and execute a simple query.
- include a search condition in a simple query.
- use various functions based on the data types to perform calculations on data.
- organize the data obtained from the query before it is displayed on the screen.
- retrieve data from tables.
- format the output, save the result, and generate a report.
Lesson 1: Query Basics
- Select Statement
- Formatting Output
- Distinct Clause
- Where Clause
- Order By Clause
Lesson 2: Where Clause Expanded
- Logical Operators
- Other options (Like, Is Null)
Lesson 3: Aggregates and Grouping
- Aggregate Functions (Count, Sum, Average)
- Grouping Data
- Filtering Group Data (Having Clause)
Lesson 4: Multiple Table Queries
- Normal Join
- Left Outer Join
- Sub Queries