Microsoft Word Level 1
Microsoft® Word is designed to help you move smoothly through the task of creating professional-looking documents. Its rich features and powerful tools can make your work easy, and even fun. In this course, you'll learn how to use Word to create and edit simple documents; format documents; add tables and lists; add design elements and layout options; and proof documents.
This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist exam objectives to help students prepare for the Word Exam and the Word Expert Exam.
In this course, you will learn fundamental Word skills.
• Navigate and perform common tasks in Word, such as opening, viewing, editing, saving, and printing documents, and configuring the application.
• Format text and paragraphs.
• Perform repetitive operations efficiently using tools such as Find and Replace, Format Painter, and Styles.
• Enhance lists by sorting, renumbering, and customizing list styles.
• Create and format tables.
• Insert graphic objects into a document, including symbols, special characters, illustrations, pictures, and clip art.
• Format the overall appearance of a page through page borders and colors, watermarks, headers and footers, and page layout.
• Use Word features to help identify and correct problems with spelling, grammar, readability, and accessibility.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Word
• Navigate in Microsoft Word
• Create and Save Word Documents
• Manage Your Workspace
• Edit Documents
• Preview and Print Documents
• Customize the Word Environment
Lesson 2: Formatting Text and Paragraphs
• Apply Character Formatting
• Control Paragraph Layout
• Align Text Using Tabs
• Display Text in Bulleted or Numbered Lists
• Apply Borders and Shading
Lesson 3: Working More Efficiently
• Make Repetitive Edits
• Apply Repetitive Formatting
• Use Styles to Streamline Repetitive Formatting Tasks
Lesson 4: Managing Lists
• Sort a List
• Format a List
Lesson 5: Adding Tables
• Insert a Table
• Modify a Table
• Format a Table
• Convert Text to a Table
Lesson 6: Inserting Graphic Objects
• Insert Symbols and Special Characters
• Add Images to a Document
Lesson 7: Controlling Page Appearance
• Apply a Page Border and Color
• Add Headers and Footers
• Control Page Layout
• Add a Watermark
Lesson 8: Preparing to Publish a Document
• Check Spelling, Grammar, and Readability
• Use Research Tools
• Check Accessibility
• Save a Document to Other Formats