Date(s) - 03/23/2020 - 03/27/2020
8:30 am - 4:00 pm
About this Course
This course provides experienced Exchange Server administrators with the knowledge to design and implement an Exchange Server 2016 messaging environment. Students will learn how to design and configure advanced components in an Exchange Server 2016 deployment such as site resiliency, advanced security, compliance, archiving, and discovery solutions. In addition, students will learn about coexistence with other Exchange organizations or Exchange Online, and migration from previous versions of Exchange Server. The course will provide guidelines, best practices, and considerations that will help students optimize their Exchange Server deployment.
This course is intended for IT professionals who are experienced messaging administrators, messaging architects, or consultants. This course is designed for professionals in an enterprise environment who are responsible for designing and deploying Exchange Server 2016 solutions, including environments that contain previous versions of Exchange Server or Exchange Online. Students are expected to have experience with Exchange Server 2016 or previous versions of Exchange Server.
This course is also intended as preparation material for IT professionals who are looking to take the 70-345: Designing and Deploying Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 exam as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Microsoft Exchange Server 2016 certification.
In addition to professional experience, students who attend this training should already have the following technical knowledge:
- Attended course 20345-1A: Administering Exchange Server 2016, or have equivalent knowledge.
- Minimum two years of experience working with any version of Exchange Server.
- Minimum of six months of experience working with Exchange Server 2013 or Exchange Server 2016.
- Minimum of two years of experience administering the Windows Server operating system, including Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2012 R2.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS).
- Minimum of two years of experience working with name resolution, including Domain Name System (DNS).
- Experience working with certificates, including public key infrastructure (PKI) certificates.
- Experience working with Windows PowerShell.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Plan for Exchange Server deployments.
- Plan and deploy Exchange Server 2016 mailbox services.
- Plan and deploy message transport.
- Plan and deploy client access.
- Design and implement high availability.
- Maintain Exchange 2016.
- Design message security.
- Design messaging archiving and retention.
- Design messaging compliance.
- Design and implement messaging coexistence.
- Upgrade to Exchange Server 2016.
- Plan a hybrid Exchange Server deployment.
Module 1: Planning Exchange Server deployments
- New features in Exchange 2016
- Gathering business requirements
- Planning for Exchange Server deployment
- Designing a Unified Messaging deployment
Module 2: Planning and Deploying Exchange Server 2016 Mailbox Services
- Planning the Exchange Server hardware requirements
- Planning Exchange Server for virtualization and Microsoft Azure integration
- Planning and implementing public folders
Module 3: Planning and Deploying Message Transport
- Designing message routing
- Designing transport services
- Designing the message routing perimeter
- Designing and implementing transport compliance
Module 4: Planning and Deploying Client Access
- Planning for Exchange 2016 clients
- Planning for client access
- Planning and implementing Office Online Server
- Planning and implementing the coexistence of SharePoint 2016 with Exchange
- Designing external client access
Module 5: Designing and Implementing High Availability
- Planning high availability for Exchange Server 2016
- Planning for load balancing
- Planning for site resilience
Module 6: Maintaining Exchange 2016
- Using managed availability to improve high availability
- Implementing desired state configuration
Module 7: Designing Messaging Security
- Planning messaging security
- Designing and implementing AD RMS and Azure RMS integration
Module 8: Designing Messaging Archiving and Retention
- Messaging records management and archiving overview
- Designing in-place archiving
- Designing and implementing message retention
Module 9: Designing Messaging Compliance
- Designing and implementing data loss prevention (DLP) policies
- Designing and implementing In-Place Hold
- Designing and implementing In-Place eDiscovery
Module 10: Designing and Implementing Messaging Coexistence
- Designing and implementing federation
- Designing coexistence between Exchange organizations
- Designing and implementing cross-forest mailbox moves
Module 11: Upgrading to Exchange Server 2016
- Planning an upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
- Implementing the upgrade from previous Exchange Server versions
Module 12: Planning a Hybrid Exchange Server Deployment
- Basics of a hybrid deployment
- Planning and implementing a hybrid deployment
- Implementing advanced functionality for hybrid deployments
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online:
Bookings are closed for this event.