Our aim is to provide you with an introduction to Access Objects, allowing you to make the most of your VBA skills. This course is applicable to Access 2003, 2007, 2010 and 2013.
Access VBA Programming is designed for experienced Access users who want to learn ActiveX data objects, control structures, and the basics of VBA programming.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Taken the Windows XP Level 1 course or have the basic skills and knowledge of Windows applications
• Taken Microsoft Access Levels 1, 2 and 3 or have equivalent knowledge and skills
(While it isn’t required, it’s recommended that you have experience with Microsoft Word and Excel.)
• Learn ActiveX data objects.
• Control structures.
• Basics of VBA programming.
Lesson 1: Visual Basic Editor
• Object browser
Lesson 2: Programming Basics
Lesson 3: Control Structures
• Decision structures
• Loop structures
Lesson 4: ActiveX Data Objects
• Getting started with ActiveX data objects
• Working with ActiveX data objects
Lesson 5: VBA Debugging Tools
• Errors in code
• Debugging techniques
• Handling run-time errors
Appendix A: Office Integration
• Automating Office
• Working with Word from Access
• Working with Excel from Access
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: