Visual Basic for Application (VBA) is a programming language designed for automating tasks in Microsoft Office. This one-day training session focuses on the VBA as it applies to Microsoft Access – specifically forms and controls. The use of VBA in Microsoft Access will improve the user experience and productivity with the application.
Overview: Participants will learn how to create template forms with supporting VBA code that will accelerate the development process. Supporting VBA code will guide the user’s workflow within the form as well as between forms.
Objectives: In this course, students will learn how to
• Develop a data entry screen template that is reusable and guides the end-users work flow
• Develop an enhanced search form that allows for broader searches against a data set
• Develop an effective alternative to sub-forms when working with data sets that have one or more one-to-many complex relationships
• Develop a strategy with lists boxes to handle simple one-to-many relationships that efficiently grows as the available data options expands
• Develop an audit/Security strategy based on the current user.
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: