This course is the third in a series of Microsoft Office Outlook 2013 courses. It builds on the email and calendaring skills you have already obtained and will provide you with the skills needed to personalize email, organize Outlook items, manage Outlook data files, share and link contacts, save and archive email, create forms, and work offline and remotely.
The course is for persons with an intermediate understanding of Outlook who need to use Outlook to personalize and organize their email, organize Outlook items, manage Outlook data files, share and link contacts, create forms, and work offline and remotely.
• Before attending this course, students must have:
• Taken the Windows XP Level 1 course or have the basic skills and knowledge of Windows applications
• Taken Outlook Level 1 or have equivalent knowledge and skills
• Taken Outlook Level 2 or have equivalent knowledge and skills
(While it is not required, it is recommended that the student is familiar with Microsoft Word.)
This course is one of a series of courseware titles that addresses Microsoft Certified Application Specialist (Microsoft Business Certification) skill sets. The Microsoft Certified Application Specialist program is for individuals who use Microsoft’s business desktop software and who seek recognition for their expertise with specific Microsoft products. Certification candidates must pass one or more proficiency exams in order to earn Microsoft Certified Application Specialist certification.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Personalize your email.
• Organize Outlook items.
• Manage Outlook data files.
• Work with contacts.
• Save and archive email messages.
• Create a custom form.
• Work offline and remotely.
Lesson 1: Personalizing Your Email
• Apply Stationery and Themes
• Create a Custom Theme
• Create Signatures
• Modify Signatures
• Configure Email Message Security Settings
Lesson 2: Organizing Outlook Items
• Group Items
• Create Search Folders
• Apply Conditional Formatting
Lesson 3: Managing Outlook Data Files
• Create a Data File
• Add Outlook Data Files to a Mail Profile
• Change Data File Settings
Lesson 4: Working with Contacts
• Forward Contacts
• Edit an Electronic Business Card
• Use an Electronic Business Card as an Automatic Signature in Messages
• Export Contacts
• Perform a Mail Merge
• Link Items to Business Contact Manager
Lesson 5: Saving and Archiving Email
• Save Messages in Alternate Formats
• Archive Messages
• Protect Personal Folders
Lesson 6: Creating a Custom Form
• Add Form Fields
• Save a Form as a Template
• Test a Form
Lesson 7: Working Offline and Remotely
• Make Folders Available Offline
• Configure RPC Over HTTP
• Download Selected Messages
• Publish Calendar Information to Office Online
Appendix A: Newsgroups
Appendix B: Really Simple Syndication (RSS) Feeds
Appendix C: Microsoft Office Specialist ProgramView upcoming Class Schedule & Signup for a Class!