This course is intended for students who have a foundational working knowledge of PowerPoint 2013, who wish to take advantage of the application’s higher-level usability, security, collaboration, and distribution functionality.
To ensure success, students should have experience using PowerPoint 2013, running within the Windows® 8 operating system, to create, edit, and deliver multimedia presentations.
• Using Microsoft® Windows® 8
• Microsoft® Windows® 8 Transition from Windows 7
• Microsoft® Office PowerPoint® 2013: Part 1
Upon completing this course, you will be able to customize the PowerPoint 2013 application, and effectively create, collaborate on, secure, and distribute complex multimedia presentations for a variety of situations. You will:
• Modify the PowerPoint environment.
• Customize design templates.
• Add SmartArt to a presentation.
• Work with media and animations.
• Collaborate on a presentation.
• Customize a slide show.
• Secure and distribute a presentation.
Lesson 1: Modifying the PowerPoint Environment
• Topic A: Customize the User Interface
• Topic B: Set PowerPoint 2013 Options
Lesson 2: Customizing Design Templates
• Topic A: Modify Slide Masters and Slide Layouts
• Topic B: Add Headers and Footers
• Topic C: Modify the Notes Master and the Handout Master
Lesson 3: Adding SmartArt to a Presentation
• Topic A: Create SmartArt
• Topic B: Modify SmartArt
Lesson 4: Working with Media and Animations
• Topic A: Add Audio to a Presentation
• Topic B: Add Video to a Presentation
• Topic C: Customize Animations and Transitions
Lesson 5: Collaborating on a Presentation
• Topic A: Review a Presentation
• Topic B: Store and Share Presentations on the Web
Lesson 6: Customizing a Slide Show
• Topic A: Annotate a Presentation
• Topic B: Set Up a Slide Show
• Topic C: Create a Custom Slide Show
• Topic D: Add Hyperlinks and Action Buttons
• Topic E: Record a Presentation
Lesson 7: Securing and Distributing a Presentation
• Topic A: Secure a Presentation
• Topic B: Broadcast a Slide Show
• Topic C: Create a Video or a CD
Appendix A: Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2013 Exam 77-422
Appendix B: Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: