Overview: Welcome to Microsoft® Project. This course is designed to familiarize you with the basic features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
Target Student: Students taking this course are responsible for managing projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans. This course is also for anyone seeking to become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft Office Project.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should have basic project management knowledge and skills. The following course can help you in meeting this requirement: Project Management Fundamentals (Second Edition). You should also have basic knowledge and skills for using any current Windows® operating system—preferably Windows 8 or 10. The following Vermont Panurgy course can help you meet this requirement: Microsoft® Windows® 8 and Office: Making the Transition. Finally, you should have competency in using other Microsoft Office applications—preferably Office 2013, or 2016. You can take any of the Office course offerings from Vermont Panurgy.
Lesson 1: Starting a Project
• Topic A: Project Management 101
• Topic B: Navigate and Customize the Project Interface
• Topic C: Add Tasks to a Project
• Topic D: Add Resources to a Project Topic E: Save a Project
Lesson 2: Working with Project Calendars
• Topic A: Manage Project Time Frames
• Topic B: Change Working Time
Lesson 3: Working with Project Tasks
• Topic A: Manage Project Tasks
• Topic B: Add Summary Tasks and Milestones
Lesson 4: Working with Project Resources
• Topic A: Manage Project Resources
• Topic B: Allocate and Level Work Resources
Lesson 5: Delivering a Project Plan
• Topic A: Print Project Views
• Topic B: Share Projects Topic C: Export Projects
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: