Overview: Welcome to Microsoft® Project: Part 2. This course is designed to familiarize you with the advanced features and functions of Microsoft Project Professional so that you can use it effectively and efficiently in a real-world environment.
Target Student: Students taking this course are responsible for managing projects in a work environment. This includes creating and maintaining project plans. This course is also for students seeking to become a Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) in Microsoft Office Project certification.
Prerequisites: To ensure your success in this course, you should be able to create a new project plan, manage time in a project plan, manage tasks in a project plan, manage resources in a project plan, and share a project plan.
Lesson 1: Managing the Project Environment
• Topic A: Link Projects
• Topic B: Baseline a Project
• Topic C: Work with Custom Fields
Lesson 2: Managing Task Structures
• Topic A: Change a Task List
• Topic B: Create a Network Diagram
• Topic C: Manage the Critical Path
• Topic D: Use Lag and Lead
• Topic E: Analyze Earned Value
Lesson 3: Generating Project Views
• Topic A: Use View Commands
• Topic B: Use Existing Views
• Topic C: Create Custom Views
• Topic D: Format and Share the Timeline View
Lesson 4: Producing Project Reports
• Topic A: Use Existing Reports
• Topic B: Create Custom Reports
• Topic C: Export Visual Reports
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: