From the earliest eras of human existence, visual images have been used to represent knowledge, data, and information. Beginning with the Paleolithic cave paintings and continuing to today’s most complex computer networks, these images leverage the ability of the human brain to rapidly perceive patterns and trends from visual representations.
In today’s workplace, visual diagrams are an essential part of communication, from road maps to sales flows to process charts. Visio provides you with an intuitive, customizable tool to easily create a professional-looking visual product by using its extensive gallery of shapes. By following the exercises in this course, you will create visually engaging diagrams, maps, and drawings, using graphical elements to make information easier to comprehend.
In this course, you will design, modify, and manage basic diagrams.
• Identify the basic elements of Visio and their use.
• Create a workflow diagram.
• Create an organization chart.
• Make a floor plan.
• Create a cross-functional flowchart.
• Create a network diagram.
• Style a diagram.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Visio 2013
• Navigate the Visio Environment
• Use Backstage Commands
• Save a File
Lesson 2: Creating a Workflow Diagram
• Use Drawing Components
• Modify a Drawing
• Callouts and Groups
Lesson 3: Creating an Organization Chart
• Create a Basic Organization Chart
• Modify an Organization Chart
Lesson 4: Making a Floor Plan
• Make a Basic Floor Plan
• Model a Room Layout
Lesson 5: Creating a Cross-Functional Flowchart
• Create a Cross-Functional Flowchart
• Format a Cross-Functional Flowchart
Lesson 6: Creating a Network Diagram
• Network Diagrams
• Use Shape Data
• Use Layers
Lesson 7: Styling a Diagram
• Shape and Connector Styles
• Themes and Variants
• Use Containers
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: