Microsoft Office 365® Online (with Skype® for Business)
One Day Instructor-led
This course is an introduction to Microsoft® Office 365® with Skype® for Business in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Skype for Business lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for later student reference.
Using the Office 365 suite of productivity apps, users can easily communicate and collaborate together through Microsoft® Outlook® mail and Skype for Business instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft® SharePoint® team site provides a central storage location for accessing and modifying shared documents. This course introduces working with shared documents in the familiar Office 365 online apps—Word, PowerPoint, and Excel—as an alternative to installing the Microsoft® Office desktop applications. This course also introduces several productivity apps—Teams, Yammer, Planner, and Delve—that can be used in combination by teams for communication and collaboration.
In this course, you will build upon your knowledge of the Microsoft Office desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 environment.
- Sign in, navigate, and identify components of the Office 365 environment.
- Create, edit, and share documents with team members using Word Online, Excel Online, PowerPoint Online, and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Collaborate and work with colleagues using the Team, Planner, and Yammer apps.
- Use email and manage contacts with Outlook on the web.
- Use instant messaging with Skype for Business.
- Conduct online meetings with Skype for Business.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Office 365
- Sign In to Office 365
- Navigate the Office 365 Environment
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
- Work with Shared Documents in SharePoint
- Edit Documents in Office Online
- Collaborate on the SharePoint Site
- Work with OneDrive for Business and Delve
Lesson 3: Using Productivity Apps
- Work with Productivity Apps in Combination
- Broadcast Messages with Yammer
- Collaborate with the Teams App
- Manage Tasks with the Planner App
Lesson 4: Using Outlook on the Web
- Send and Receive Email
- Manage Contacts
- Schedule Appointments
- Personalize Outlook on the Web
Lesson 5: Communicating with Skype for Business
- Overview of Skype for Business
- Use Instant Messaging
- Make Voice and Video Calls
Lesson 6: Using Skype for Business Meetings
- Initiate Meetings
- Use Meeting Controls and Options
- Customize Skype for Business