It was once believed that intelligence was the metric that would determine a person’s success in the workplace. Intelligence matters because it contributes to your ability to do your job. But intelligence is not the best indicator of whether or not you’ll succeed. Your ability to understand and manage your own emotions, and get along well with others, has at least as much impact on your performance and effectiveness as intelligence. In this course, you’ll explore strategies to increase your awareness of your emotions, develop your ability to manage your emotions, and improve your social skills.
In this course, you will explore the concept of emotional intelligence.
- Identify the components of emotional intelligence and recognize how emotional intelligence benefits organizations.
- Assess and develop your personal emotional intelligence competencies.
- Assess and develop your social emotional intelligence competencies.
- Practice emotional intelligence in common workplace scenarios.
Lesson 1: Recognizing the Benefits of Emotional Intelligence
- Define Emotional Intelligence
- Recognize EQ’s Impact on Work Experience
Lesson 2: Increasing Your Personal Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Develop Your Level of Self-Awareness
- Develop Your Self-Regulation Skills
- Develop Your Motivation
Lesson 3: Increasing Your Social Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Develop Your Empathy
- Develop Your Social Skills
Lesson 4: Practicing Emotional Intelligence in the Workplace
- Practice Emotionally Intelligent Leadership
- Build an Emotionally Intelligent Team
- Manage Change
- Manage Conflict
- Coach for Performance