You will explore basic performance-management techniques. You will identify methods of developing talent, harnessing the engagement of team members, and offering training and coaching to individual team members through performance-management strategies. You will develop and implement performance standards, conduct performance appraisal conversations, and give appropriate feedback and coaching to individuals for their edification and the benefit of the team, department, and company.
Performance-Based Objectives: Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Plan ways of effectively harnessing engagement with the individuals on your team. You will identify methods of becoming a manager of choice within your workplace by establishing your reputation as a manager who invests time, energy, and effort in the team members and in committing to performance-management strategies on the job.
• Plan strategies for aligning the performance management goals for the individuals on your team with the established needs of your business. You will work with your team members to optimize their behavior in order to yield better results for the company, collaborate with team members to establish performance goals, ensure those goals are in alignment with business needs, discuss performance appraisals with your team members, and deliver coaching and feedback as necessary.
• Learn strategies for creating performance and development plans for individuals. You will create creative, instructive development plans for team members seeking career growth and strategic development plans to help team members who are seriously struggling to meet their job requirements.
Lesson 1: Becoming the Manager of Choice
• Develop Talent
• Harness Engagement
• Onboard New Team Members
Lesson 2: Using Performance Management Skills to Improve Performance
• Identify Individual Performance Goals
• Discuss a Performance Appraisal
• Use Effective Interviewing Skills
• Provide Appropriate Feedback and Coaching
Lesson 3: Creating Performance and Development Plans
• Initiate the Performance Plan
• Create an Improvement Plan for Performance Problems
• Create a Development Plan for Career Growth
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: