In this course, participants will learn the importance of attitude and how attitude can affect work performance, and become familiar with specific techniques for retaining and recapturing a positive attitude.
At the completion of this course you’ll know how to:
• Define attitude, to show its importance and effect on personality and work performance, and to explain how to keep it positive
• Present specific techniques for retaining and recapturing a positive attitude
• Show the effect of a positive attitude on the work environment, especially its effect on workforce diversity, career success, and teamwork
• Explain how to protect a positive attitude
• Prompt yourself to prepare an Action Plan that incorporates the ideas, concepts, and techniques into your daily life
Lesson 1: Understanding Your Attitude
• What Is a Positive Attitude?
• Attitude and Personality
• The Power of a Positive Attitude
• Safeguarding Your Attitude
• Attitude Renewal
Lesson 2: Eight Ways to Adjust Your Attitude
• The Flipside Technique
• Play Your Winners
• Simplify! Simplify!
• Insulate! Insulate!
• Give Your Positive Attitude to Others
• Look Better to Yourself
• Accept the Physical Connection
• Clarify Your Miss
Lesson 3: Attitude and Your Job
• Attitude and the Work Environment
• A Positive Attitude About Diversity
• A Positive Attitude Affects Career Success
• A Positive Attitude Affects Teamwork
Lesson 4: Protecting Your Attitude and Making a Plan
• Protecting Your #1 Asset
• Creating a Plan
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: