You will identify and apply generally recognized practices in project management.
The target student for this course is any individual who may need to perform project management activities in their job role on either a formal or informal basis, or any project team members who want to enhance their knowledge of project management in order to interact more productively with a project manager and perform more effectively on a project team.
Work experience with project management and knowledge of the roles, responsibilities, and skills required for project management is needed. Also, basic working knowledge of office productivity tools is required. The Project Management Fundamentals course is recommended for students as a prerequisite to this course.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• identify the basic concepts and terminology of professional project management.
• launch a project.
• estimate project work.
• create a project schedule.
• plan project costs.
• plan for project risks.
• plan for project quality and compliance.
• manage human resources for your project.
• manage project procurements.
• plan for change management and monitor the project scope.
• monitor and optimize project schedule and cost.
• monitor quality of project work and the risks involved.
• plan communication strategies and manage stakeholder relationships.
• perform project closure.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Project Management
• Project Management Basics
• Factors Influencing a Project
Lesson 2: Launching Projects
• How Organizations Choose the Right Project
• Identify Project Stakeholders and Their Expectations
• Identify the Project Scope
• Prepare a SOW
• Formally Authorize a Project
Lesson 3: Estimating Project Work
• Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Top-Down Estimation
• Estimate Project Effort and Resources Using Bottom-Up Estimation
• Reduce Risks in Project Estimates
Lesson 4: Creating a Project Schedule
• Illustrate Project Flow
• Identify Activity Resources
• Schedule Project Work
Lesson 5: Planning Project Costs
• Estimate Project Costs
• Establish the Cost Baseline
• Reconcile Funding and Costs
Lesson 6: Planning for Risks
• Create a Risk Management Plan
• Identify Risks and Their Causes
• Analyze Risks
• Develop a Risk Response Plan
Lesson 7: Planning for Quality and Compliance
• Deliver the Desired Project Results
Lesson 8: Managing Human Resources
• Plan Your Dream Team
• Put the Team Together
• Build the Team
• Manage the Team
Lesson 9: Managing Project Procurements
• Plan for Project Procurements
• Obtain Responses from Vendors
• Choose the Right Vendor
• Manage Vendors and Procurements
Lesson 10: Managing Change During Project Execution
• Gear Up for Project Execution
• Manage Project Changes
• Monitor the Project Scope
Lesson 11: Monitoring and Controlling Project Schedule and Cost
• Monitor and Control the Project Schedule
• Optimize the Project Schedule
• Monitor and Control Project Costs
Lesson 12: Monitoring Risk and Quality
• Monitor and Control Risks
• Put Quality Plans into Action
• Control Project Quality
Lesson 13: Communicating and Reporting
• Communicate in a Project
• Distribute Project Information
• Manage Stakeholder Relationships and Expectations
• Report on Project Performance
Lesson 14: Closing the Project
• Hand Off the Project
• Close Project Procurements
• Wrap Up a Project
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: