About this Course
This five-day course will teach you how to plan, configure, and manage the advanced features in a SharePoint 2016 environment. The special areas of focus for this course include implementing high availability, disaster recovery, service application architecture, and Microsoft Business Connectivity Services. This course also focuses on social computing features, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features. Students also will learn about business intelligence solutions, Enterprise Content Management, web content management infrastructure, solutions, and apps. This course also covers how to develop and implement a governance plan, and how to perform an upgrade or a migration to SharePoint 2016.
This is the second in a sequence of two courses for IT professionals and is aligned with the SharePoint 2016 IT Pro certification.
The course is targeted at experienced IT Professionals who are interested in learning how to install, configure, deploy, and manage SharePoint 2016 installations either in a data center or in the cloud.
Students typically should have more than four years of hands-on experience* planning and maintaining SharePoint Server and other core technologies upon which SharePoint depends, including Windows Server 2012 R2 or later, Internet Information Services (IIS), Microsoft SQL Server 2014 R2 or later, Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS), and networking infrastructure services.
Students should have completed Course 20339-1A: Planning and Administering Microsoft SharePoint 2016, or have gained equivalent knowledge and experience before taking this course.
The minimally qualified candidate typically:
• Has working knowledge of, and preferably hands-on experience, with Microsoft SharePoint Online.
• Has broad familiarity with SharePoint Server workloads.
• Has experience with business continuity management, including data backup, restoration, and high availability.
• Has experience with authentication and security technologies.
• Has experience with Windows PowerShell.
• The hands-on experience or job experience should be from a solutions-based role where the candidate has worked on multiple solutions in the SharePoint Server space that includes document management, content management, and search.
Before attending this course, students must have:
• Two or more years of experience deploying and managing Windows Server 2012 or Windows 2008 environments; Experience with day-to-day Windows Server 2012 or Windows Server 2008 system administration management and maintenance tasks.
• Experience with Windows networking technologies and implementation.
• Experience with Active Directory® technologies and implementation.
• Experience with Windows Server virtualization technologies and implementation.
• Knowledge equivalent to the MCSA credentials of Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2012, or have equivalent knowledge.
At Course Completion
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Describe the core SharePoint 2016 architecture and its new and improved features.
• Describe the key hybrid features in SharePoint 2016.
• Plan and design a SharePoint 2016 environment to meet requirements for high availability and disaster recovery.
• Plan and implement Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service.
• Configure and manage productivity services for a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
• Manage solutions in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
• Plan and configure social computing features.
• Plan and configure web content management for an Internet-facing environment.
• Plan and configure Enterprise Content Management in a SharePoint 2016 deployment.
• Plan and configure business intelligence solutions.
• Plan and configure work management, productivity, and collaboration platforms and features.
• Perform an upgrade or migration to SharePoint 2016.
Module 1: Introduction to SharePoint 2016
• The core SharePoint2016 architecture
new features in SharePoint 2016
Module 2: Introduction to Hybrid Scenarios for SharePoint 2016
• Exploring the hybrid features in SharePoint 2016
• Hybrid architectures in SharePoint 2016
• Configuring a one-way hybrid search, and configuring OneDrive for Business
Module 3: Planning and Designing for Business Continuity Management
• Designing database topologies for high availability and disaster recover
• Designing a SharePoint 2016 infrastructure for high availability
• Planning for disaster recovery
Module 4: Planning and Implementing Business Connectivity Services and Secure Store Service
• Configuring BCS
• Configuring the Secure Store Service
• Managing BCS models
Module 5: Configuring Productivity Services for a SharePoint 2016 Deployment
• Understanding the SharePoint app architecture
• Provisioning and configuring apps and app catalogs
• Managing apps
• Provisioning productivity services
Module 6: Managing Solutions in a SharePoint 2016 Deployment
• Understanding the SharePoint solution architecture
• Managing farm solutions
• Managing sandboxed solutions
Module 7: Connecting People
• Planning user profiles
• Enabling My Sites and social features
• Building communities
Module 8: Planning and Configuring Web Content Management
• Planning and implementing a web content management infrastructure
• Configuring managed navigation and catalog sites
• Supporting multiple languages and locales
• Planning and managing design and customization
• Supporting mobile users
Module 9: Planning and Configuring Enterprise Content Management
• Planning content management
• Planning and configuring eDiscovery
• Planning records management
Module 10: Planning and Configuring Business Intelligence Solutions
• Planning a business intelligence architecture
• Deploying and managing business intelligence services
Module 11: Planning and Configuring Work Management and Productivity
• Aggregating tasks with the Work Management Service
• Planning and configuring collaboration features
• Planning and configuring composites
Module 12: Upgrading and Migrating to SharePoint 2016
• Preparing for an upgrade or migration
• Planning an upgrade process
• Planning and managing a site collection upgrade
• Upgrading for advanced scenarios
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: