About this Course
This course provides an introduction to Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder. In this course, participants will create reports by connecting to a database and manipulating the data for presentation including: creating table and matrix reports, formatting reports, grouping report data, creating simple and complex expressions, displaying aggregated data, charting data, and preparing reports for printing and exporting. Report Builder is available all supported versions of Microsoft® SQL Server®
• The primary audience for this course are persons who are new to reporting with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder and SSRS, persons who are transitioning from another reporting software application, and persons who are existing Report Builder and SSRS report authors.
• The secondary audience for this course are persons who are using Report Designer (SSRS).
• Course participants may be business analysts, program analysts, data analysts, database administrators, or IT professionals and may or may not have experience with Microsoft® SQL Server® Report Builder and SSRS, programming (Visual Basic), and/or Transact-Structured Query Language (T-SQL) experience.
After completing this course, students will be able to:
• Navigate the Report Builder environment.
• Create table reports.
• Format reports and create basic and complex expressions.
• Group report data.
• Create matrix reports.
• Use charts in a report.
• Change page layout and print a report.
This course covers the following:
• Exploring the Report Builder Environment
• Adding Data to Table Reports
• Formatting a report
• Grouping Report Data
• Matrix Reports
• Creating Charts
• Reporting Printing and Exporting
Length of Class:
Instructor-led or Online: