One Day • Instructor-led
To meet the demands of individuals and organizations for flexible, reusable, and easily modified visual content, Adobe Systems has created a cadre of applications that collectively provide a scalable, end-to-end solution for nearly every type of visual design project one can contemplate. Called Creative Cloud® (CC), the collection of applications perform specialized design tasks while interoperating among each other to deliver content.
This course focuses on Adobe® Illustrator® CC (2019), the component within CC used to create “drawn” graphics, while enabling its users to integrate content from other domains (such as photo-oriented graphics and animation, which belong to Adobe® Photoshop® and other applications). With Illustrator’s many easily used tools, you will discover that not only can you unlock the same creative impulses you’ve always had as you’ve picked up a pencil to sketch out an idea, but also capture those multiple ideas and “what ifs” during the creative process in ways that you never imagined. And for those of you who are just embarking on building your creative skills, you will be surprised at “how good” your work will appear, even at the outset of your exploration of the world of graphic design.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe Illustrator CC (2019) to create illustrations that include graphics and text.
- Identify the components and capabilities of Illustrator CC.
- Create basic shapes.
- Create custom paths.
- Create graphics that contain custom text.
- Customize objects.
- Customize basic shapes.
- Prepare documents for deployment.
This course is intended for designers, publishers, pre-press professionals, marketing communications professionals, or people switching to a design job or taking on design responsibilities and who need to use Illustrator to create illustrations, logos, advertisements, or other graphic documents.
Lesson 1: Introducing Illustrator CC
- Apply Design Principles, Elements, and Graphics Composition
- Evaluate Graphics Scalability
- Navigate the User Interface
- Customize the User Interface
Lesson 2: Creating Documents Containing Basic Shapes
- Create Documents
- Save Documents
- Draw Basic Shapes
Lesson 3: Creating Documents Containing Customized Paths
- Draw Paths
- Modify Paths
Lesson 4: Creating Graphics Containing Customized Text
- Insert Text
- Apply Flow Text Along a Path
- Insert Bounded and Threaded Text
- Apply Text Styles
- Insert Typographical Characters
Lesson 5: Customizing Objects
- Import, Place, and Link Graphics
- Alter the Appearance of Objects
Lesson 6: Customizing Basic Shapes
- Apply Strokes and Brushes
- Fill Shapes
- Apply Graphics Styles
- Distort Text with Text Envelopes
Lesson 7: Preparing Documents for Deployment
- Update Text
- Wrap Text
- Hyphenate Text
- Optimize Content for Print
- Optimize Content for the Web
- Optimize Content for PDF Documents