One Day • Instructor-led
In Adobe® InDesign® Level 1 you were introduced to the many features that help you create professional looking documents. Now you need to create much lengthier interactive documents that need to be accessed across a range of devices. In this course, you will learn advanced InDesign techniques to enhance the look and functionality of your documents.
Using Adobe InDesign, you can create interactive documents and export them for viewing in a web browser with various features such as buttons, page transitions, movies and audio files, hyperlinks and animation. You have the ability to assign color profiles and establish print presets. In creating longer documents, you’ll be able to include such features as a table of contents, footnotes, cross-references and an index.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will be able to use Adobe InDesign to create and deliver professional looking printed and interactive documents.
- Prepare documents for multiple formats.
- Manage advanced page layouts.
- Manage styles.
- Build complex paths.
- Manage external files and create dynamic documents.
- Manage long documents.
- Publish InDesign files for other formats and customize print settings.
This course is intended for students who want to expand their entry-level knowledge of Adobe InDesign by using advanced features and collaboration tools.
Lesson 1: Preparing Documents for Multiple Formats
- Build Layout Versions
- Link Content
Lesson 2: Managing Advanced Page Elements
- Create Repeating Content
- Change Text Layouts
- Create Transparency
- Anchor Objects and Manage a Library
Lesson 3: Managing Styles
- Import Styles from Microsoft Word Documents
- Manage Styles
Lesson 4: Building Complex Paths
- Create Bezier Paths
- Create Clipping Paths
- Create Compound Paths
Lesson 5: Managing External Files and Creating Dynamic Documents
- Import External Files
- Create Document Sections
- Insert Text Variables
- Create Interactive Documents
Lesson 6: Managing Long Documents
- Create a Book
- Build a Table of Contents
- Create Hyperlinks and Cross-References
- Generate an Index and Insert Footnotes
Lesson 7: Publishing InDesign Files for Other Formats and Customizing Print Settings
- Export PDF Files for Print
- Export Interactive PDF Files and Files for Animation
- Export Files for the Web
- Manage Colors
- Preview the Print Output
- Create Print Presets