One Day • Instructor-led
This one-day course introduces participants to the basics of HTML coding.
Lesson objectives help students become comfortable with the course, and also provide a means to evaluate learning. Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
• Recognize the components of an HTML file and create such a file.
• Format paragraphs and characters using HTML.
• Link to local files and Web pages from their Web pages.
• Add graphics and sound to their Web pages using HTML.
• Create different kinds of lists to their Web page using HTML.
• Create multi-column and multi-row tables using HTML.
• Set background colors and graphics for Web pages.
• Evaluate Web page design and consider design issues that affect web pages.
• Add links to non-Web Internet sites from their Web pages.
Lesson 1: Overview of HTML
• Introduction to HTML
• Creating an HTML document
Lesson 2: Formatting text with HTML
• Paragraph formatting with HTML
• Character formatting with HTML
• Comparing procedural and descriptive formatting
Lesson 3: Adding local and remote links
• Adding local links
• Adding remote links
• Adding internal links with the named anchor tag
Lesson 4: Adding graphics and sound
• Linking to and embedding graphics
• Linking to multimedia files
Lesson 5: Creating lists in HTML
• Creating lists
• Creating nested lists
Lesson 6: Creating tables in HTML
• Creating and modifying tables
• Creating advanced table elements
Lesson 7: Setting body and background attributes
• Setting backgrounds and text colors
Lesson 8: Web page design guidelines
• Web page style considerations
Lesson 9: Adding links to other Internet services
• Links to non-Web Internet services