One Day Instructor-led
This course is an introduction to Microsoft® Office 365™ with Teams™ in a cloud-based environment. It can be used as an orientation to the full suite of Office 365 cloud-based tools, or the Teams lessons can be presented separately in a seminar-length presentation with the remaining material available for later student reference.
Using the Office 365 suite of productivity apps, users can easily communicate and collaborate together through Microsoft® Outlook® mail and Teams™ messaging and meeting functionality. Additionally, the Microsoft® SharePoint® team site provides a central storage location for accessing and modifying shared documents. This course introduces working with shared documents in the familiar Office 365 online apps—Word, PowerPoint®, and Excel®—as an alternative to installing the Microsoft® Office desktop applications. This course also introduces several productivity apps including Yammer™, Planner, and Delve® that can be used in combination by teams for communication and collaboration.
This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have competence in a desktop-based installation of the Microsoft Office 2010, 2013, or 2016 edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, and who are now extending Microsoft Office to a collaborative cloud-based Office 365 environment.
In this course, you will build upon your knowledge of the Microsoft Office desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 environment.
- Sign in, navigate, and identify components of the Office 365 environment.
- Create, edit, and share documents with team members using the Office Online apps, SharePoint, OneDrive® for Business, and Delve.
- Collaborate and work with colleagues using the Yammer and Planner apps.
- Use email and manage contacts with Outlook on the web.
- Collaborate using Teams.
- Configure Teams.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Office 365
- Sign In to Office 365
- Navigate the Office 365 Environment
Lesson 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
- Work with Shared Documents in SharePoint
- Edit Documents in Office Online
- Collaborate on the SharePoint Site
- Work with OneDrive for Business and Delve
Lesson 3: Using Productivity Apps
- Work with Productivity Apps in Combination
- Broadcast Messages with Yammer
- Manage Tasks with the Planner App
Lesson 4: Using Outlook on the Web
- Send and Receive Email
- Manage Contacts
- Schedule Appointments
- Personalize Outlook on the Web
Lesson 5: Collaborating with Teams
- Overview of Microsoft Teams
- Converse and Share in Teams
- Call and Meet in Teams
- Collaborate with Office 365 Apps and Teams
Lesson 6: Configuring Teams
- Configure Teams
- Configure Channels
- Configure Tabs