Two Days • Instructor-led
The ability to deliver presentations is vital to achieving advancement for yourself and for your ideas. Few skills in life will contribute to your success as much as presentation skills. Without a dynamic and coherent presentation, even stellar ideas can fail to convince your audience. In this course, you will learn to organize your ideas to create coherent and convincing oral presentations, while also utilizing available visual aids and using public-speaking techniques to strengthen your delivery.
In this course, you will create and deliver effective presentations, both in-person and virtually.
- Define what makes a presentation effective.
- Plan presentations.
- Design a presentation framework.
- Develop the presentation body.
- Create supporting materials.
- Prepare for your presentation.
- Deliver presentations.
- Conduct a question-and-answer session.
- Deliver group presentations and virtual presentations.
Lesson 1: Defining Presentation Effectiveness
- Identify Qualities of Effective Presentations
- Evaluate Yourself as a Presenter
Lesson 2: Planning Presentations
- Analyze the Audience
- Establish Your Presentation’s Objectives
Lesson 3: Designing the Presentation
- Create the Presentation Structure
- Organize the Presentation Body
- Write the Conclusion First
- Write the Introduction
Lesson 4: Developing the Presentation Body
- Select Evidence
- Write the Presentation Body
- Create Visuals
Lesson 5: Creating Supporting Materials
- Create a Slide Deck
- Create Speaker Aids
- Create Audience Handouts
Lesson 6: Preparing for Your Presentation
- Rehearse the Presentation
- Plan Event Logistics
Lesson 7: Delivering Presentations
- Connect with Your Audience
- Present Powerfully
- Utilize a Slide Deck Effectively
Lesson 8: Conducting a Question-and-Answer Session
- Answer Questions
- Handle Challenging Questions
Lesson 9: Presenting in Common Business Scenarios
- Plan and Deliver a Virtual Presentation
- Plan and Deliver Group Presentations