One Day • Instructor Led
A relational database application such as Microsoft® Office Access® can help you and your organization collect and manage large amounts of data. Access is a versatile tool. You can use it as a personal data management tool (for your use alone), or you can use it as a construction set to develop applications for an entire department or organization. In this course, you will use Access to manage your data, including creating a new database; constructing tables; designing forms and reports; and creating queries to join, filter, and sort data.
You can also use the course to prepare for the Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) Certification exam for Microsoft Access.
In this course, you will create and manage an Access database. You will:
- Navigate within the Microsoft Access application environment, create a simple database, and customize Access configuration options.
- Organize and manage data stored within Access tables.
- Use queries to join, sort, and filter data from different tables.
- Use forms to make it easier to view, access, and input data.
- Create and format custom reports.
Lesson 1: Getting Started with Access
- Orientation to Microsoft Access
- Create a Simple Access Database
- Get Help and Configure Options in Microsoft Access
Lesson 2: Working with Table Data
- Modify Table Data
- Sort and Filter Records
Lesson 3: Querying a Database
- Create Basic Queries
- Sort and Filter Data in a Query
- Perform Calculations in a Query
Lesson 4: Using Forms
- Create Basic Access Forms
- Work with Data on Access Forms
Lesson 5: Generating Reports
- Create a Report
- Add Controls to a Report
- Enhance the Appearance of a Report
- Prepare a Report for Print
- Organize Report Information
- Format Reports