In this two-day course participants will engage in intensive and interactive sessions that will enhance their leadership skill set. Each session will provide direct instruction by an experienced instructor with a background in supervision and management. In addition, the sessions will provide the opportunity for participants to share their experiences, concerns, and questions to draw upon the instructor’s and group’s collective knowledge base.
While it is beneficial to have already attended Leadership Institute: Essentials for Supervisors it is not required.
Lesson 1: Facilitation Skills
- What makes a good facilitator?
- The facilitation mindset
- Facilitation skills
- Team Dynamics
Lesson 2: Delegation
- Why we don’t delegate
- Delegation as development
- The delegation process
- Situational leadership model
- What can you delegate?
- How will you change delegation going forward?
Lesson 3: Train the Trainer
- Six core principles for working effectively with adult learners
- Understanding how we learn
- Seven questions to plan for effective training
- Evaluating training efficacy
Lesson 4: Stress Management
- Positive and negative aspects of stress
- What causes stress?
- Chronic stress and building resilience
Lesson 5: Managing Multi-Generational Teams
- Understanding generational differences
- Ways generational difference show up
- Impacts on workplace
- Examining our values and their impact on behavior
- Benefits of teams with differing viewpoints
Lesson 6: Mentoring/Coaching
- Establishing objectives
- Developing your expectations and goals
- Communicating those goals
- Staying focused
- Monitoring and performance
- Rewards and recognition