n. “Skill in all kinds of work or business; craft.”
Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, published 1913 by C. & G. Merriam Co.
Vermont Panurgy has been leading the way in Information Technology (IT) services and workplace training solutions. For over 30 years, we have been providing outstanding IT and training services for state agencies, schools, and businesses of all types and sizes in Vermont and greater New England. We are partners with Microsoft, Hewlett Packard, Barracuda Networks, Cisco, SonicWall, Allworx, and other industry leading organizations. We provide proactive IT managed services and “break-fix” services to our customer base as well as network design, implementation, security, monitoring, and project management. We are also home to the Learning Center, an organization which provides technical training including VMware, Microsoft, Cisco, ITIL; Office application training from Microsoft and Adobe; and Professional Development and soft skills training ranging from Customer Service and Sales to Interviewing skills.
As customer demands and technology changes, we adapt, from offering computer break-fix services to proactive remote network monitoring and Cloud Computing Services.
Through every change over the past three decades, Vermont Panurgy has remained absolutely focused on our customers. Our commitment to excellent service, high standards, and long-term business relationships has allowed us to consistently offer you the best solutions for your business needs. As you plan for the future, look to Vermont Panurgy for skilled, professional assistance to help your business reach its full potential. We look forward to serving you for the next 30 years!
- In 1983 Vermont Panurgy was formed in downtown Burlington, VT. as Champlain Computer Systems. (1st photo on left) The focus was providing computer hardware and software to retail customers, businesses and agencies in the greater Burlington area. The foundation for our focus on excellent customer service was laid back in 1983.
- In 1988 Champlain Computers purchased a Computerland franchise and moved to a location in Taft Corners in Williston, Vermont. (middle photo) The focus on business, government, education, healthcare sales and services started increasing.
- In 1995 Computerland of Vermont began offering IT training and computer application classes to meet the ever changing needs of its customers and was awarded multiple State of Vermont Contracts.
- In 1997 Computerland of Vermont moved to our current location at 21 Gregory Drive in South Burlington. (3rd picture) to facilitate our rapid growth.
- In 1998 Computerland was sold to Panurgy New England and the focus shifted exclusively to selling to, supporting and training businesses, schools, hospitals and state and local governments.
- In 2001 Diane Stowell (Kerbaugh), a long-time employee was given the opportunity to purchase the company from Panurgy New England and Vermont Panurgy Corporation was formed and local ownership returned.
- In 2009 after 25 years of service to, what was then Vermont Panurgy Corporation, Diane was given the opportunity to sell the company. This allowed Diane to focus on what she truly loves, sales and meeting the customers of Vermont.
- In 2016, John Freeland, an executive with over 30 years management experience in leading education and technology organizations, purchased the company from its previous owner. Vermont Panurgy will continue to focus its initiatives to provide excellent service to its clients on both the IT/managed services front and employee training.