One Day • Instructor-led
Microsoft® Visio® stands out among similar applications because of its unique ability to draw a wide variety of diagrams, flowcharts, workflows, and organization structures—anything that can be represented by shapes connected by lines. Most importantly, these shapes can be rearranged and with corresponding lines remaining intact. Visio has improved over the years as features common among Microsoft® Office applications have been added. Today, Visio is well integrated with other members of the Office family as well as Microsoft’s cloud-based services. This greatly enriches the sharing and publishing of Visio drawings.
In this course, you will examine advanced features to make you more efficient and effective. You will:
- Design advanced plans and diagrams.
- Enhance the look of drawings.
- Create shapes, stencils, and templates.
- Connect drawings to external data.
- Leverage development tools.
- Share drawings.
Lesson 1: Advanced Plans and Diagrams
- Create a Microsoft Account and Log in to Visio
- Build Advanced Plans
- Build Advanced Diagrams
Lesson 2: Enhancing Drawings
- Use 3-D Shapes
- Work with Shape Styles
- Define Shape Styles
- Apply Backgrounds, Borders, and Titles
Lesson 3: Working with Custom Shapes, Stencils, and Templates
- Create Simple Custom Shapes
- Create Custom Stencils
- Create Custom Templates
Lesson 4: Connecting to External Data
- Make an Organization Chart from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Generate a Pivot Diagram from an Excel Spreadsheet
- Create a Gantt Chart from a Project File
- Create a Timeline from a Project File
- Connect a Map to an Access Database
Lesson 5: Leveraging Development Tools
- Create Macros
- Modify ShapeSheets
- Build Advanced Shapes
Lesson 6: Sharing Drawings
- Save/Share Drawings with OneDrive
- Review Drawings
- Insert Drawings into Other Office Files
- Export Drawings
- Print Drawings