One Day • Instructor Led
You’ve covered many of the basic functions of Microsoft® Office Access® , and now you’re ready to learn advanced Access features such as database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multi-user access, and more. Knowledge of these features separate database professionals from the casual database users or occasional designers. Today’s training, added to that which you’ve gained from the Microsoft® Office Access® : Part 1 and Microsoft® Office Access® : Part 2 courses, rounds out your Access education and provides you with marketable job skills.
In this course, you will learn to create and manage a fundamental Access database. You will:
- Customize a form layout to improve usability and efficiency of data entry.
- Share data across applications.
- Use macros to improve user interface design.
- Use VBA to enhance tasks.
- Organize data into appropriate tables to ensure data dependency and minimize redundancy.
- Lock down and prepare a database for distribution to multiple users.
- Create and modify a database switchboard and set the startup options.
Lesson 1: Implementing Advanced Form Design
- Add Controls to Forms
- Enhance Navigation and Organization of Forms
- Apply Conditional Formatting
Lesson 2: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Import Data into Access
- Export Access Data
- Link Tables to External Data Sources
- Create a Mail Merge
Lesson 3: Using Macros to Improve User Interface Design
- Create a Macro
- Restrict Records Using a Condition
- Validate Data Using a Macro
- Automate Data Entry Using a Macro
Lesson 4: Using VBA
- Getting Started with VBA
- Enhance Access Using VBA
Lesson 5: Using Advanced Database Management
- Manage a Database
- Determine Object Dependency
- Document a Database
Lesson 6: Distributing and Securing a Database
- Splitting a Database for Multiple User Access
- Implement Security
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Lesson 7: Managing Switchboards
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set Startup Options