Adobe Graphics & Web Technology Courses
Adobe Illustrator Level 2
Two Days - Instructor-led
You have created simple artwork using the basic drawing and painting tools available in Illustrator. You now want to create complex artwork using advanced tools, options, and effects. In addition, you want to ensure that your artwork is ready for commercial printing and also save it for the Web. In this course, you will draw complex illustrations, and enhance them using various painting options. You will also use her techniques using painting tools, manage colors, format type, work with effects, prepare artwork for commercial printing, and prepare graphics for the web..
To ensure your success in this course, it is strongly recommended that you take the following course: Adobe® Illustrator®: Level 1, or have equivalent knowledge.
• Customize the Illustrator interface.
• Draw complex illustrations.
• Enhance artwork using painting tools.
• Customize colors and swatches.
• Format type.
• Enhance the appearance of artwork.
• Prepare a document for print output.
• Prepare graphics for the web.
Lesson 1: Customizing the Illustrator Interface
• Set User Interface Preferences
• Work with the Grid and Guides
• Manage Workspaces
Lesson 2: Managing Styles
- Import Styles from Microsoft® Word Documents
- Create Nested Styles
- Create Related Styles
- Apply Styles in a Sequence
- Manage Style Overrides
- Redefine Styles
- Break the Link to Styles
Lesson 3:: Enhancing Artwork Using Painting Tools
• Paint Objects with Fills, Strokes, and Gradients
• Paint Objects Using Live Paint Groups
• Paint with Custom Brushes
• Add Transparency and Blending Modes
• Apply Meshes to Objects
• Apply Patterns
Lesson 4: Customizing Colors and Swatches
• Manage Colors
• Customize Swatches
• Manage Color Groups
• Access Pantone Plus Color Libraries
Lesson 5:Formatting Type
• Set Character Formats
• Apply Advanced Formatting Options to Type
• Adjust Hyphenation
Lesson 6: Enhancing the Appearance of Artwork
• Apply Effects to an Object
• Create Graphic Styles
• Apply a Blend to an Object
• Apply a Mask to an Object
• Create Symbols
• Work with Symbol Sets and Symbolism Tools
Lesson 7: Preparing a Document for Print Output
• Set Up Artwork for Printing
• Prepare Transparent Artwork for Printing
• Manage Colors in Printing
Lesson 8: Preparing Graphics for the Web
• Create Slices and Image Maps
• Save Artwork in the SVG Format
• Save Graphics for the Web